The Faculty of Animal Sciences trains over 1300 students in a two-degree system of studies offering both full time and extramural programmes in the fields of:
- Animal Husbandry (specialisations: Animal Breeding, Breeding and Utilisation of Horses, Organic Animal Breeding and Animal Protection)
- Fishery Studies (specialisation: Fresh Water Fishery and Water Environment Protection)
- Biology (specialisation: Applied Biology)
First degree programme ends with a final examination leading to Bachelor of Science degree (in the fields of Animal Husbandry and Fishery Studies) or Bachelor of Art degree (in the Field of Biology) whereas second degree programme ends with a defence of a Master Thesis leading to Master of Science degree.
The offer comprises also the following postgraduate programmes (for Master Diploma holders):
- Breeding and Reproduction of Fur Animals
- Economic, Technological and Breeding Bases of Modern Milk and Beef Production
- Current Forms of Horse Breeding and Utilisation.