The Faculty of Animal Sciences dates back to the Study of Agronomy established at the Jagiellonian University of Cracow in 1890. A Chair of Domestic Animal Breeding and Dairy Science was formed within the Study in 1891. In 1923, the Study changed its status into the Faculty of Agriculture of the Jagiellonian University and the Institute of Animal Production was formed in 1951. It comprised the following departments: Animal Breeding, Animal Production, Animal Physiology, Animal Nutrition, Zoology and Applied Enthomology, and Animal Hygiene. In 1953 the Faculty of Agriculture of the Jagiellonian University was the basis on which Agricultural College in Krakow was founded. At that time it consisted of three Faculties: Agriculture, Forestry and Animal Husbandry including the former departments of the Institute of Animal Production. Additionally two new departments were established: Animal Anatomy and Fisheries. In 1998 the logo was changed and the Faculty was re-named as the Faculty of Animal Sciences.